Last Update: October 10th, 2023
October 10th, 2023
By using this website, you agree to these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please do not use this site.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
When you visit our site, Faro Safaris and its service providers may collect the personal information you provide, such as your name, address, e-mail address and payment information. Personal information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable person.
In addition, Faro Safaris and its service providers use various techniques to collect other information about your use of the Sites, including, but not limited to, your IP address, browser type, mobile device type, content visited on the Sites and the length of your visit to the Sites. Other information” is information that does not reveal your specific identity or that is not directly linked to an individual.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
Faro Safaris and its service providers collect the personal information you provide when you use the Sites, either directly or through other user actions, including, but not limited to, any personal information provided or otherwise obtained when the web pages of the Sites are opened. For example, Faro Safaris collects information when you fill out forms on the Sites, including, for example, e-newsletter registration forms, donation forms, surveys and advocacy alerts. We may also use analytics tools that enable us to obtain your personal information based on your use of the Sites, including, for example, your clicks on pages and page elements of the Sites, as well as information entered into HTML form fields on the Sites, whether or not the form is submitted. We may supplement the information we collect from you with information we collect from and about you from other online and offline sources, such as public databases, social media platforms and people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms. For example, if you choose to connect your social media account to your Site account, certain personal information from your social media account will be shared with us. This may include personal information that is part of your profile or that of your friends.
We and our service providers may collect other information in a variety of ways, including:
- We use “cookies” to help us monitor traffic and collect information about site usage. Cookies are pieces of data placed on your device when you visit the Sites that help us recognize you when you return to the Sites, allowing us, for example, to remember the e-mail address and password you use when you log in on a specific computer. Faro Safaris uses the aggregate information collected through cookies to measure the number of visits to the sites, the average time spent on the sites, the identity and number of pages viewed, and to collect other traffic data and information that enables us to improve the sites. We also use this information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively and to personalize your experience when using the sites. Cookies also enable us to select the content that is most likely to interest you and display it while you are on the sites.
- Faro Safaris also uses a variety of third-party website and mobile application analysis and optimization services to improve the Sites and visitor experience. For example, the Sites use web analytics services that may record mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity, text you type on the Sites, and other similar activities. The Sites do not use these services to collect personally identifiable information that you would not have provided by using the Sites, and they do not track your browsing habits on other third-party websites on our behalf.
- We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Sites and other websites, based on information about your access to and use of the Sites and other websites. To this end, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through the use of pixel tags). We may also send anonymized and/or securely hashed data to our suppliers in order to determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns. For more information about this practice and the choices available to you, please visit https://optout.networkadvertising.org/ and https://www.aboutads.info/.
- We may use pixel tags and similar technologies to, among other things, track the actions of site users, measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics on site usage and response rates.
- Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically by your device, such as your MAC (Media Access Control) address, type of computer (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, and Internet browser type and version.
- We may collect your IP address, which is a number automatically assigned to the computer you are using by your Internet service provider. An IP address can be identified and automatically recorded in our server log files each time a user accesses the sites, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) visited. The collection of IP addresses is common practice and is carried out automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, helping diagnose server problems and site administration.
- We may collect the physical location of your device using, for example, satellite signals, cell phone towers or Wi-Fi signals. We may use the physical location of your device to provide you with personalized services and content based on location.
- The information you provide, such as your preferred method of communication, does not identify you personally unless it is combined with your personal information.
- We may aggregate personal information. Aggregate information does not personally identify you or any other user of the sites (for example, we may aggregate personal information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Faro Safaris may use your personal information:
- To send you information about Faro Safaris or its partners.
- To personalize your interactions with Faro Safaris, for example to customize website content and emails based on your interests, to send you requests to attend events in your area, and to target content and communications to you.
- To respond to inquiries and fulfill your requests, for example to process donations, renew your membership or send you project information, and to provide member services.
- To send you administrative information, such as site information and changes to the association’s terms and policies.
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities are governed by additional rules that may contain further information about how we use and disclose your personal information.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality.
- For our purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products and services, improving or modifying sites, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and operating and expanding our business, some of which may be shared with or used by our suppliers and their technologies and tools.
Your personal information may be disclosed:
- To our partners, authorized suppliers and their service providers.
- To our third-party service providers and online advertising entities that provide services such as website hosting, data analysis and campaign measurement, payment processing, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing and similar services.
- To third-party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions.
- By you on bulletin boards, chats, profile pages, blogs and other services where you may post information and material. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public information and may be available to users of the sites and the general public. We urge you to exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information or any other information on the sites.
- To a third party in the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or part of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We may also use and disclose your personal information as we deem necessary or appropriate:
- (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence;
- (b) to comply with legal process;
- (c) to respond to requests from public and governmental authorities, including public and governmental authorities outside your country of residence;
- (d) to enforce our terms and conditions of use
- (e) to protect our business or that of one of our affiliates
- (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or those of our affiliates, you or others; and
- (g) to enable us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages we may sustain.
We may use and disclose other information for any purpose, unless we are required to do otherwise by applicable law. If we are required to treat other information as personal information under applicable law, we may use it for any of the purposes for which we use and disclose personal information. In some cases, we may combine other information with personal information. In such cases, we will treat the combined information as personal information for as long as it is combined.
HOW CAN YOU CONTROL THE COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION?
- Set your web browser to notify you before a cookie is stored, refuse all cookie requests and do not accept cookies from Faro Safaris. Delete all Faro Safaris cookies from your hard drive.
- Do not provide information when prompted.
Please note, however, that if you choose to reject or erase cookies, your ability to browse the sites may be limited. In addition, if you choose not to share your information, Faro Safaris will not be able to respond to your request for information about Faro Safaris, enter you in sweepstakes or contests, facilitate your action via the Faro Safaris Action Network, or send online postcards.
If you would like to request that Faro Safaris not share your personal information with its third-party partners and service providers for marketing purposes, please email us at email@example.com and ask the representative to mark your file as “No Exchange”.
HOW CAN YOU STOP RECEIVING COMMUNICATIONS FROM FARO SAFARIS?
If you no longer wish to receive content from Faro Safaris, you may:
- Unsubscribe by clicking on the links at the bottom of the marketing emails Faro Safaris sends you.
- Send us an e-mail to inform us that you do not wish to receive communications from Faro Safaris.
DOES FARO SAFARIS COLLECT INFORMATION ON CHILDREN?
Faro Safaris does not knowingly collect personal information from persons under the age of 13. The Sites are not directed to children under the age of 13. If Faro Safaris becomes aware that it has collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 without the child’s parent’s consent, Faro Safaris will promptly delete such information. If you believe that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us.
INFORMATION COLLECTED VIA META PLATFORMS
You have the right to request modification or deletion of any personal information collected through a Meta Platforms, Inc. platform (“Meta Personal Information”) at any time. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your Meta Personal Information, including requests for deletion, please contact us.
Faro Safaris is committed to ensuring the security of the personal information it collects. We have implemented procedures and technologies to safeguard and secure the information we collect. Files containing personal information are stored in secure facilities. Faro Safaris staff receive training on how to handle your data securely. Our websites use Transport Layer Security, the standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. This link ensures that all data transmitted between the web server and browsers remains confidential. All online donation transactions are processed by PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliant suppliers. PCI refers to the technical and operational standards that companies must meet to guarantee the protection of credit card data provided by cardholders. These security standards are in place at Faro Safaris to protect your information.
In consideration of your use of the Site, if you create an account on the Site, you agree to (a) provide accurate, current and complete information about yourself as may be required by any registration form on the Site (“Registration Data”); (b) maintain the security of your password and identification; (c) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data, and any other information you provide to Faro Safaris, to keep it accurate, current and complete; and (d) accept all risks of unauthorized access to the Registration Data and any other information you provide to Faro Safaris.
QUESTIONS & CONTACT INFORMATION